The excellent artisan and manufacturing companies that used to represent the mainstay of Val Vibrata’s entrepreneurial system have been particularly hit by the deep economic crisis of the last few years. An incredible heritage of quality, experience and richness that cannot be lost.
This is the reason that led to the birth of Atea (a consortium for the protection of the artisan excellence), a territorial fashion cluster that aims at leading the small manufacturing companies out of isolation, offering the chance to combine forces. As a matter of fact, the entire production chain will have the chance of sharing the production cycle, as well as the distribution and financial strategies necessary for the future of the industry. By now, twenty companies belonging to the fashion industry have joined the initiative, in order to aim at exports and at favouring investments in research and innovation. But the sector is broader and is anything but dead: there are 1,534 companies in the province, 800 of which belong to the clothing industry, 230 to the textile industry and 500 to the leather goods industry.
The first initiative of the Consortium, with the sponsorship of the Chamber of Commerce of Teramo and of Abruzzo regional government, has been to organise a conference entitled “Val Vibrata, from a crisis area to an opportunity for the relaunch of the fashion system”, where it explained the goals of the initiative and identified the possible solutions to the crisis.
Here are the points on which the Consortium decided to focalise, following also what emerged during the event held on the 13th of March at Hotel Park in Villarosa di Martinsicuro:
- Relying on an internationalisation programme, through permanent showrooms, exhibitions and other channels, focusing above all on emerging areas.
- Realising an internet platform with one brand that identifies the production of the district, and is capable of making local brands known.
- Creating a roll for the diffusion of the manufacturing reshoring of the “made in Italy” in the region, for subcontractors.
- Giving life to initiatives that are capable of guaranteeing the continuity of the trade and of training product managers, managers for each production stage and designers.
- Supporting and stimulating the development of innovative collections through the help of state-of-the-art equipment and machinery.